Claremore Injury Attorneys Assist with Wrongful Death Claims
Oklahoma firm seeks compensation for bereaved clients
If you’ve suffered the loss of a family member due to the negligence or misconduct of another party, Price Law, P.C. in Claremore can help you pursue relief through a wrongful death claim. Our experienced Oklahoma attorneys have a substantial track record of achieving justice for area clients, and we strive to make a positive difference for people going through a difficult time. We will work on your behalf to collect payment or final expenses, lost income and the companionship that you’ve lost through a verdict or settlement.
What qualifies as a wrongful death?
Oklahoma law allows for a financial recovery when someone’s death is caused by the “wrongful act or omission” of someone else. The defendant in these matters might be an individual, business or government entity and the plaintiff must be the personal representative for the decedent’s estate. You have two years from the date of the fatality to file a lawsuit.
Common causes of untimely fatalities
We represent clients from Rogers County and the surrounding areas in wrongful death claims arising from all types of incidents, including:
- Vehicle crashes — After fatal car, truck and motorcycle accidents, our attorneys handle insurance matters and litigation relating to the crash.
- Unsafe premises — A property owner’s failure to use reasonable safety measures could result in a deadly fall or criminal act caused in part by poor security.
- Defective products — If someone dies due to a lethal defect in a product, we work to hold the negligent manufacturer accountable.
- Construction accidents — Numerous hazards exist at a construction site, and our attorneys investigate fatal incidents to find who is legally responsible.
Whatever led to your loved one’s death, you can rely on our firm for comprehensive legal support.
Damages available in wrongful death litigation
Families are never the same after an untimely fatality, and while true justice is never possible after a wrongful death, the following types of damages are available under Oklahoma law in order to address different aspects of a tragic loss:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Wages and benefits the victim likely would have earned over their lifetime
- Loss of companionship provided by the decedent
- Loss of consortium when the victim left a surviving spouse
- Mental pain and anguish suffered by the victim prior to their passing
Our firm understands the devastation that accompanies an untimely death and has the skill and experience to secure suitable compensation from the parties who caused the fatality.
Proving wrongful death
Given the amount of damages usually at stake in a wrongful death case, defendants and their insurance companies often fight back hard against plaintiffs in these cases. Proving fault can be made more complicated by the fact that the victim cannot testify as to what happened. With only one chance to collect appropriate damages, you should hire a personal injury lawyer who has extensive trial experience and knows how to use physical evidence, witness testimony and expert reports to construct a compelling legal argument.
Contact an Oklahoma attorney for a free consultation regarding a wrongful death claim
Price Law, P.C. advises Oklahoma estate representatives and bereaved family members on wrongful death claims after incidences of fatal negligence or misconduct. To speak with an accomplished lawyer in a free consultation, please call 866-206-1218 or contact us online. Our office is in Claremore.